Must be seen – House of scientists
House of Scientists, the former National (aristocratic , noble, nobleman , Count , folk, Gerhard) casino (before 1939) , constructed by Fellner and Helmer in 1897-1898 by the Viennese architects Ferdinand Fellner and Herman Helmer ( the sponsors of Odessa opera House ).
The precursor was chinshevaya house , built in 1879 after the design by Gaara.
Since 1918, the room was used as a casino city .
Since 1948, this act Lviv House of Scientists, which is associated with many events of the scientific , social, political and artistic life of Lviv region and Ukraine .The Council is headed by the rector of the House of Scientists of the Lviv National Academy of Arts AA Bokotey .
In 1998 the building was the Lviv regional election headquarters of the candidate for the post of President of Ukraine Leonid Kuchma.
In 1999, acted in the press center of the summit of Central and Eastern Europe.
September 23, 2008 included in the list of heritage sites not subject to privatization .
In the House of Scientists working creative teams : Traditional vocal and opera studio, the National Theatre Meta Theatre exemplary children’s songs dove .
The interiors of the building is often used for filming , including the film The Three Musketeers , this is where the ladder was raised to Cardinal D’Artagnan for a game of chess .
In addition, there is often photographed Lviv newlyweds .
Official web-page: http://budynokvchenyh.lviv.ua